If I could go back in time and give my younger professional-self some career advice, this is what I would say:
- Love what you do – You will be more successful if you actually like what you do. Your passion will show through your work, and you will inevitably be more engaged in your work.
- Choose business associates wisely – The people you associate with in the workplace do change other’s perception of you. Think about your reputation when selecting business associates.
- Manage time wisely – Never waste time at work. Use every minute of your time to maximize opportunities.
- Plan for the future – Always keep your eye on your next goal. Plan ahead, and keep the future in mind at all times.
- Take risks and learn from mistakes – You will not achieve greatness without taking some risks. Don’t be afraid of taking a risk and making a mistake. If you take a risk and fail, learn from it, and try again.
For more career advice, click here.